Is Mobile Right for Your Business?
Here’s a checklist to help you decide if the time is right for you to mobilize your business.
- Do you spend more than 10% of your business hours calling on customers, associates, or suppliers, attending off-site meetings, traveling, or working at home?
- Do you have salespeople or representatives who work off-site part of the time?
- Does your business have multiple locations? A warehouse?
- Do you wish you could get more done when you’re on the road?
- When you’re away from the office and need information, do you call in and ask a staff member to look up a phone number, appointment information, driving directions, or other data for you?
- Do you travel with a briefcase full of printed documents and files, just in case you need them?
- Can you access your files remotely, or do you spend time e-mailing them to yourself and/or co-workers?
- If you answered yes to one or more items on the list, you may want to look into mobile technology in the near future.
Small to midsized businesses can often experience a positive return on investment (ROI) on mobility technology within a short time frame. The prices of laptops and other mobile devices have steadily come down. Software has become more reliable, which has reduced the need for frequent service calls. And competitively priced wireless access is quite easy to find.